…and over and over and over again.
You get the point.
The other day I was channel flipping while the little two were napping and Carlie (and Mommy) was enjoying her quiet time in her room. I ran across “Walk the Line” with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon and I was sucked in immediately. It got me thinking about which movies I could watch again and again and never get bored.
So here are my top 5, not necessarily in the order listed.
1. Walk the Line. Duh. That’s what started this whole post. Joaquin deserves every award and nomination he received for this role.
2. Shawshank Redemption. I’m honestly not even sure what to say about this movie. Except that it’s A. Maz. Ing. I actually haven’t seen it in a very long time. Might have to do that soon.
3. The Star Wars Trilogy. Trilogies. Sextupolgy? Whatever the heck ya call it, I love all the Star Wars movies. Yes, I’m a sci-fi geek and proud of it.
4. Goodfellas. Mobsters, drama, betrayal, money, what’s not to love? No, it’s not the Godfather movies (which I also love), but still awesome. I love that it’s told from Karen Hill’s (Lorraine Bracco) point of view. Which is probably why its on Lifetime at least once a month.
5. Steel Magnolias. I cannot watch this movie without crying. And laughing. And crying some more. Julia, Sally, Olympia, Shirley, Darryl, and of course Dolly give the performance of a lifetime.
*All photos courtesy of imdb.com.*
The number of great quotes from this movie is astronomical (and so many of the best are from Ouiser Beaudreaux):
“The only reason people are nice to me is because I have more money than God.” — Ouiser
“I’m not crazy, I’ve just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!” — Ouiser
Clairee: “You know, you would be a much more contented, pleasant person if you would find ways to occupy your time.”
Ouiser: “I’m pleasant. Damn it! I saw Drum this morning at the Piggly Wiggly, and I smiled at the son of a bitch ‘fore I couldn’t help myself.
Annelle: “We are in the house of the Lord!”
Clairee: “Oh like she cares. Ousier’s never done a religious thing in her life. ”
Ouiser: “Now that is not true. When I was in school, a bunch of my friends and I would dress up as nuns and go bar-hoppin’.”
And of course everyone’s favorite:
Truvvy: “What are your colors Shelby?”
Shelby: “My colors! My colors! My colors are blush and bashful.”
M’Lynn: “Her colors are pink and pink. ”
Shelby: “My colors are blush and bashful. I have chosen two shades of pink, one is much deeper than the other!”
I could go on and on and on with more of those quotes.
I have so many more favorites, but these are the first ones that popped into my head that I could just watch again and again. I might have to do another Top 5 another day.
How about you? What are some of your favorite movies that you love to watch over and over?